Oct 8, 2014

31 Notions of Grace Day 8...Say

Say.

"Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one" (Colossians 4:6).

Zing.

There it is. In plain black and white.

When someone is rude, has a snarky comment, or is just downright mean to me or someone else,  sometimes my hotheaded and argumentative side wants to explode to the surface, throwing back some snippy, snide remark.

However as it says in Colossians... :: sigh ::

Our tongues have incredible power. We can build someone up or tear someone down using just mere words.

But----
Grace = mercy. 
Grace ≠ justice.

When I'm having a particularly tough time figuring out a way to show Grace, I find myself actually repeating the word Grace, over and over in my head...as if willing my whole body to show Grace.
 

Sometimes it works...

Sometimes I just have to smile and walk away. :) And that's ok, because sometimes NOT saying anything is the best way for me to show God's Grace. Sometimes, silence is golden.
Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com