Oct 8, 2014

31 Notions of Grace Day 7...Go

 When things go wrong, don't go with them. 
-Elvis Presley


Tricky one today.

Go.
Go where?
Go do what?

hmph...I seem to have hit a wall. Maybe its because I've already fallen behind and I feel discouraged (catching up from yesterday-oops).


All that comes to mind is letting go...

          Sometimes in order to be in an attitude of Grace, I have to let go.

As in let it go Courtney...so you messed up in the first few days and didn't manage to post every. single. day. It's ok. The blogging police are not going to show up at your door. The guilt you are feeling is only bothering you...and it makes you pretty cranky sometimes. You do NOT always have full control over everything.

Control.
It's in our blood I swear. It's the extra leg of the Y chromosome that men don't get that's why they're XY not XX.  This "letting go" idea is so foreign and unnatural to me. I say I'm going to let it go, but honestly do we ever just "let it go!" (Come on Elsa, I can hear you belting it out in my head right now.)



I've found a book that's soon going to grace me with its presence--like what I did right there? hehe (probably to sit on my nightstand for a while, but hey that's ok, I'll get to it someday).


The book is called: "Let. It. Go." by Karen Ehma.
    The tagline...beautiful.

            How to Stop Running the Show and Start Walking in Faith

Yes Please! :)

In the free study guide offered online there is a section that asks the reader to take inventory of areas in her life where its most difficult in terms of wanting our own way and being in control. Let's just say I could probably tick off all of them. 

In the past I probably would have listed work situations and maybe my own appearance (not just physical) as areas where I needed to have a lot of control. It has certainly shifted more currently to more of a relationships with spouse, children, as well as appearance of my house/life.


Maybe if when I'm feeling all micromanage-y and control freak-ish I should make it a point to remember this:









When things go wrong, don’t go with them. – Elvis Presley

Source : http://www.coolnsmart.com/giving_up_quotes/
When things go wrong, don’t go with them. – Elvis Presley

Source : http://www.coolnsmart.com/giving_up_quotes/

When things go wrong, don’t go with them. – Elvis Presley

Source : http://www.coolnsmart.com/giving_up_quotes/


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com