Oct 7, 2014

31 Notions of Grace Day 6...Know

Know...thats the word of the day today (well actually yesterday, but hey life happened).

“Let me give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another. This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples—when they see the love you have for each other.”  ~John 13: 34-35

What a great, simple, wonderful way to live life...to Love one another. 

I don't 'know' if I can compare or ever even fathom the level of love that God has for us.

When I thought about it and tried to imagine what God's love is like here is what I decided I do know: 

When Ethan needs to be held and I snuggle him all up and hold him...I feel like that is what God's love is like--being all wrapped up and comforted. 

Or when I'm sad/upset and Ethan leans over and says "It's ok, I will kiss it" and his cute little face looks all sorts of concerned and worried...I feel like that is what God's love is like. Nothing but genuine concern for me...

Or when I'm having a rough day and Aaron lays a hand on my back or reminds me to take a breath...that is what God's love is like--a small gesture that helps ground me a little. 

I only hope that in my daily actions I am recognizable as a disciple. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com