May 10, 2010

Chicken Lasagna short cut :o)

Chicken Lasagna Roll-ups…
Takes about 30 minutes to make, 45 minutes to bake…and makes 5 servings of 2 rolls each.
What you need:
10 lasagna noodles
1 container (15 oz) of ricotta cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tbsp fresh parsley
1 tbsp crushed garlic
1 jar (24 oz) marinara sauce
2 C rotisserie chicken
2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese

What to do:
1. Preheat the oven 350 degrees. Boil the lasagna noodles for 8 minutes. Drain/rinse in cold water to stop them from cooking. Set aside.
2. In a bowl mix ricotta, egg, Italian seasoning, garlic, and parsley
3. Spread 1/2 C of the marinara in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Spread each noodle with some ricotta, chicken, and mozzarella cheese. Roll it up and place it seam down in the baking dish. Repeat 11 more times :-p. Spread leftover marinara sauce on top of roll-ups.

4. Cover with foil and bake for about 35 min. Take off the foil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 10 minutes more.
so delicious

Now…alterations: I used part skim ricotta just to keep the calories/fat down. I also used dried parsley because I didn’t have fresh. For the garlic, I just crushed a clove myself…cheaper than the jarred stuff. I also did not have any "leftover rotisserie chicken". This is one of those cook once, eat thrice ideas...but I just cooked chicken for this recipe because this is what I had planned for tonight. On that note, I also decided to boil the chicken this time rather than bake it or fry it...and WOW I will boil it if I ever need it for something like this again. This may sounds silly or inexperienced of me but boiling the chicken made it MUCH easier to shred it for the roll-ups.

I served it with a  salad…and MILK of course. I must have milk with meals like this. Yum!







Now after dinner...I will enjoy this:


and my book! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com