Jun 3, 2011

Haven't posted a recipe in a while...

This is a new recipe...and one for the recipe collection.

Because it's summer and because I don't want to turn the oven on unless I have to I have put many more grilling recipes on my monthly plan. This was a good start to that plan! :o)

Balsamic Glazed Flank Steak with Arugula (courtesy of Weight Watchers Sizzle It recipe book)



3/4 C balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1  tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 (1 lb) flank steak
6 C lightly packed baby arugula

Directions:
1. Get your grill going...
2. Combine vinegar and brown sugar in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil until the mixture is reduced to a syrupy glaze (about 8 minutes). Remove the saucepan from the heat; set aside.
3. Combine the garlic, oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; rub the mixture on both sides of the steak. Place on the grill rack and grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the side of the steak registers 145 degrees for medium, about 5 minutes on both sides. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes. Cut the steak across the grain into 12 slices.
4. Divide the arugula evenly among 4 plates and top each portion with a few slices of steak. Drizzle with reserved balsamic glaze and serve at once.

Alterations:
-I did not spread the seasoning mixture on both sides of the steak...I just did the top. If I do this recipe again, I will double this mixture. There was really only enough for one side.
-I did not use arugula...instead I used Wegmans Spring Mix because I had a coupon :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com